The health and safety of our members and staff has always been vitally important to us, but never more so than now. We’re doing everything possible to make certain that all our properties are safe, sanitary, and germ-free. In fact, we’ve rolled out Seagate Safe, our comprehensive new property-wide program in partnership with EcoLab, with over 150 additional procedures, to provide you with the highest level of safety.
Seagate Safe represents our substantial commitment to protecting guests, staff members, and the surrounding community by implementing a broad range of safety precautions. To learn more, please click here.
Palm Beach County has asked that we offer golf with the following restrictions:
1. Players shall arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to tee times.
2. Club staff shall not handle bags, clubs, or other equipment, or transport these items to and from the parking lot. Players will be responsible for bringing their golf equipment to a designated area. As a result, Seagate members who have their golf clubs stored in the bag room should pick those up for now. We would anticipate putting them back into storage in the next phase (we hope).
3. Players shall not touch or remove flagsticks from the cups at any time (any putts that hit the swimming “noodle” or similar device used to fill the hole, or the cup, will be considered holed). These rounds are postable rounds according to the USGA.
4. Rakes in all bunkers shall be removed by golf course staff: the USGA suggests golfers play preferred lie and players to “rake” with their feet.
5. When playing, golfers should maximize physical distance per CDC Guidelines and attached to Palm Beach County Emergency Order No. 5, including any amendments thereto. All players shall stay at least six (6) feet apart at all times, and a course ranger or other staff member shall monitor player compliance on the course.
6. Play is set-up for single-rider golf cart or shared cart for families living in the same household. Members may use their personal golf carts provided they have been registered with the Golf Shop. Each cart must display a Seagate logo sticker on the windshield.
7. Cups, lids, and straws will not be available. Golfers shall bring their own water bottles and personal coolers containing water for proper hydration. On-course beverage cart service will not be available. When utilizing pre-wired water stations to fill water containers, golfers shall use their gloved hand for water access.
8. Golfers are encouraged to change shoes in the parking lot and bring their own hand sanitizer.
9. All golfers shall not congregate after play and shall leave the golf facility immediately upon completion of play to eliminate congestion and gather on the property or in the parking lot.
1. Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. Tuesday – Sunday and 9:00 a.m. on Monday
Pro Shop Hours:
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
At the Turn Service:
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. each day
In by dusk each day
Closes at dusk each day, except for Sunday beginning June 7 the driving range will close at 5:00 p.m.
2. Sand scoops and sand bottles will be removed from the golf carts. The staff will take care of sanding divots.
3. Please no cash tipping. Members may charge gratuities on their Club account.
4. Posting your scores can be done either on the GHIN app on your phone, or you can call the golf shop and we will post it for you.
Please note, our tennis courts are available for play; however, locker room and shower facilities shall remain closed. Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.